|External Temporary Storage Facility Compliance Manager – Basildon
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Basildon Office of Alpi UK Ltd for an External Temporary Storage Facility Compliance Manager.
The role deals with managing a team overseeing the smooth processing and administration of goods transiting Alpi’s inland External Temporary Storage Facility (ETSF). This includes the controlling bonded cargo goods, and goods requiring customs inspection. This is an area approved by Border Force and requires detailed and accurate records kept for HM Customs & Excise inspection.
Hours: Monday – Friday 08.30h – 17.30h [ 1-hour unpaid lunch]
The ALPI Group is a recognized player in the Freight Forwarding and Transportation Industry who also specializes in the Supply Chain and Logistics Solutions. With 70 years of history, our company has established best-practice standards in ground transportation, air and ocean shipments, customs clearance, and supply chain management.
Still a family run company where people are treated as people, not numbers and considered for their value.
With unchanged passion we strive to balance a growing company in a highly competitive industry, with family ethics and social responsibility.
Albini & Pitigliani, that is where the acronym ALPI comes from, welcomes you to its new internet site, a step ahead to our global presence and integration, a channel to get in touch with vendors, customers, and friends.
COVID19 - The role is based in a COVID19 safe working environment. Face masks must be worn in all communal areas and whilst moving around the office. The workstations are socially distanced, with dividing screens.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring customs formalities are completed and funds are received prior to release of cargo.
- Authorising release of cargo and instructing operations teams accordingly.
- Understanding compliance and the customs bond procedures.
- Utilising Inventory control system and shipment management system.
- Coordinating between the Operations, Customs and Finance teams.
- Liaising with warehouse management team to ensure appropriate resources are available based on forecast.
- Accounting for demurrage, handling and non-compliance charges.
- Providing trailer/unit manifests and arrival details for the Warehouse to upload to HMRC.
- Ensuring goods are processed and declared at consignment level via C88 to HMRC.
- Monitoring customs clearance and release.
- Ensuring all duties and taxes are charged and paid for in accordance with our agreed terms.
- Ensuring goods are not released without HMRC.
- Calculating and charging any warehouse rent costs.
- Maintaining warehouse inventory of cleared and non-cleared goods.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Conversant with Customs procedures [consideration of transferable skills].
- High organisational skills and ability to manage many projects at the same time.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and CRM systems.
- An administrative background.
- Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Working as part of a team.
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets.
- After successfully completing six months’ service, Alpi UK Death in Service – three times your annual salary.
- After successfully completing one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After successfully completing one year’s service company contributions increase to 9% for the Group personal Pension Plan.
- Holiday scheme loyalty days - statutory entitlement 20 days + 8 days public holidays, with additional loyalty days per full year worked = a maximum of 5 days.