The ALPI Group is a recognized player in the Freight Forwarding and Transportation Industry.
The role would be working on the European freight operations. The role would provide support to gain knowledge & understanding of the role, with administrative, operational & customer service tasks. Communication via email, phone or direct conversations.
Office Hours – Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.30 1 hour unpaid lunch
Job duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Land Freight Operations Account Manager in the execution of their duties in support of the Head of Operations and Land South’s vision of the company to become more competitive and profitable
- Understand and execute the departments vision of good business development in order to successfully Import/Export Land road freight, warehouse operations and logistics products
- Oversee client and sub-contractor management in conjunction with SOPs
- Ensure all customers and clients are invoiced correctly and on time in conjunction with SOPs
- Complete all Import/Export activities correctly and on time including financial, legal and invoicing transactions
- Ensure all operational activities are completed on time
- Maintain regular communication with sales teams reporting new sales leads and handover of shipments
- Communicate quotations to the line manager/sales team within two hours of receipt and ensure all quotations are recorded on the system in one format
- Report internal leads to the customer services and sales teams
- Follow up late customer payments in conjunction with credit control
- Ensure all duties/VAT is charged correctly upon invoicing and collect any monies due in line with SOPs
- Maintain and utilise the operational system at all times
- Implement and improve new efficiencies in customer workflow in conjunction with line manager
- Ensure all reports are generated by given deadlines and handed to line manager
- Maintain excellent customer and inter-departmental relationships at all times giving regular feedback to line manager
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies
- Ensure compliance with the Employee Handbook
Provide holiday and sickness cover as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Able to work as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- An enquiring nature
- Have a positive and professional attitude
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Eager to learn and expand knowledge
- After completing six months’ service, Alpi UK Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After one year’s service company contributions increase 9% for the Group Pension Plan.
- Alpi UK Ltd has its own free car-park with allocated company spaces (first come basis) and an adjacent public highway with limited parking restrictions.
- Alpi UK Ltd is approximately a brisk thirty-minute walk from the Basildon main line railway station, C2C line Southend – Fenchurch Street.
- The First Group 100 bus amongst others stop on the Pipps Hill Retail Park (ASDA B&Q, TK Maxx etc.) – Route: Lakeside – Chelmsford.
- Alpi UK Ltd, Miles Gray Road, is adjacent to the A127 (separated sufficiently, yet in close enough proximity for ease of access).
- The Basildon Leisure Centre is close by which has a swimming pool and gym facilities.
Alpi UK is part of the Albini & Pitigliani Group www.alpiworld.com #Alpiness.