Due to increased global growth in the business, we are seeking a Land Freight Operator to be part of our Land Freight Team within the Manchester Office of ALPI UK Ltd.
The role is overseeing the day to day running of the Operations and Land (North) imports/exports accounts.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 08.30am – 5.30pm – (inclusive of one-hour unpaid lunch). This role is office based.
Salary: Salary Range - £24,000 - £28,000 per annum (Depending on experience)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Land Freight supervisor in the execution of their duties in support of the Head of Land North’s vision of the company to become more competitive and profitable
- Understand and execute the departments vision of good business development in order to successfully Import/Export Land road freight, warehouse operations and logistics products
- Oversee client and sub-contractor management in conjunction with Standard of Practice (SOPs)
- Ensure all customers and clients are invoiced correctly and on time in conjunction with SOPs
- Complete all Import/Export activities correctly and on time including financial, legal and invoicing transactions
- Ensure all operational activities are completed on time
- Maintain regular communication with sales teams reporting new sales leads and handover of shipments
- Communicate quotations to the line manager/sales team within two hours of receipt and ensure all quotations are recorded on the system in one format
- Report internal leads to the customer services and sales teams
- Follow up late customer payments in conjunction with credit control
Skills & Competency:
- Previous experience as a Land Freight Operator or in a similar role preferable (experience in freight over one year)
- Quality organisational skills and ability to manage many tasks or projects at the same time.
- Ability to prioritize own workload but also be able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and CRM systems.
- Demonstrate working administrative background
- Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail.
Along with 20 days annual leave + public holidays and yearly salary review we offer the following benefits:
- After 3 months’ service, employees are entitled to become a member of the Group personal Pension Plan.
- After completing six months’ service, Alpi UK Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After one year’s service the company offers enhanced Pension contributions of 9% annual salary.
- After one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed).
- One Milestone Day per year to take as you wish.
- Confidential EAP platform for you and your immediate family members as spouse/partners and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education, living in the same household.
- Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
We are Alpi UK Ltd – part of the Albini & Pitigliani Group (cliccare sul bottone "Candidati ora").
The ALPI Group is a recognised player in the Freight Forwarding and Transportation industry and specialises in supply chain and logistics solutions, ground transportation, air and ocean shipments, customs clearance, and supply chain management.
We have provided freight forwarding services and logistics solutions for over 70 years. Still a family run company, we treat people as people, not numbers. With unchanged passion we strive to balance a growing company in a highly competitive industry, with family ethics and social responsibility.