|Land Freight Operator
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Basildon l Office of Alpi UK Ltd, for a land freight operator.
The role is dealing with the processing of consignments arriving to the U.K. by road from Europe. The role of a Land Freight Operator would suit someone who is commercially aware, and keen to challenge themselves.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 08.30h – 17.30h – [one-hour unpaid lunch]
The ALPI Group is a recognized player in the Freight Forwarding and Transportation Industry who also specializes in the Supply Chain and Logistics Solutions. With 70 years of history, our company has established best-practice standards in ground transportation, air and ocean shipments, customs clearance, and supply chain management.
Still a family run company where people are treated as people, not numbers and considered for their value.
With unchanged passion we strive to balance a growing company in a highly competitive industry, with family ethics and social responsibility.
Albini & Pitigliani, that is where the acronym ALPI comes from, welcomes you to its new internet site, a step ahead to our global presence and integration, a channel to get in touch with vendors, customers, and friends.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare import documents in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Liaise with overseas offices, partners & agents.
- Check shipping invoices & packing lists for accuracy.
- Communicate with customers.
- Raise jobs.
- Raise delivery orders.
- Responsible for raising invoices, costing jobs
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Land Freight Operator or in a similar role preferable (experience in freight over one year)
- High organisational skills and ability to manage many projects at the same time.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and CRM systems.
- An administrative background.
- Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Work as part of a team
Alpi UK is part of the Albini & Pitigliani Group
- After successfully completing six months’ service, Alpi Uk Death in Service – three times your annual salary.
- After successfully completing one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After successfully completing one year’s service company contributions increase to 9% for the Group Pension Plan.
- Holiday loyalty days