Sales Executive – South
Due to increased global growth, we are seeking a Sales Executive to be part of our UK Sales team, covering the South region, selling all modes, but with particular focus on sea freight and air freight.
The role will come under the umbrella of either our Basildon office or London Heathrow office and some office attendance will be required, but informal flexible working arrangements (e.g., working from home) would be considered.
The role will require frequent travel across our South region, therefore a full UK driving license and access to a vehicle is required.
Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm (inclusive of one-hour unpaid lunch).
£36,000 - £40,000 per annum (depending on experience) + £5,000 per annum car allowance + competitive bonus structure based on targets and company growth
ALPI UK are looking for a sales professional who can demonstrate that they can:
- Focus and drive to achieve targets
- Identify sales opportunities whilst profiling all new businesses to understand intricately how we can support with freight / customs
- Represent the company in the best possible light with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively scope new business opportunities
- Track & manage the CRM system, ensuring ongoing liaison with existing clients & follow up of prospective customers
- Demonstrate a track record of developing and enhancing current client portfolios
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and overseas agents
- Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge
- Display excellent communication skills that include the ability to influence and negotiate where required
Skills, experience and competencies
- Preferred at least 2 years working experience in sales, within the freight industry.
- Knowledge and experience of Import/Export multimodal business.
- Demonstrate high quality communication skills along with good presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft packages especially Excel as well as have general PC knowledge.
- Good understanding of logistics processes and procedures.
- Must be able to prioritise and organise own workload with attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be flexible with their working hours, with the ability to work from home.
- Must have the Right to Work in the UK.
- Must have a full UK driving licence.
- Must have access to a vehicle.
Along with 20 days annual leave + public holidays and yearly salary review we offer the following benefits:
- Company car allowance (for holders of this role).
- After 3 months’ service, employees are entitled to become a member of the Group personal Pension Plan.
- After completing six months’ service, Alpi UK Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After one year’s service the company offers enhanced Pension contributions of 9%.
- After one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed).
- One Milestone Day per year to take as you wish.
- Confidential EAP platform for you and your immediate family members as spouse/partners and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education, living in the same household.
- Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
We are Alpi UK Ltd – part of the Albini & Pitigliani Group (cliccare sul bottone "Candidati ora").
The ALPI Group is a recognised player in the Freight Forwarding and Transportation industry and specialises in supply chain and logistics solutions, ground transportation, air and ocean shipments, customs clearance, and supply chain management.
We have provided freight forwarding services and logistics solutions for over 70 years. Still a family run company, we treat people as people, not numbers. With unchanged passion we strive to balance a growing company in a highly competitive industry, with family ethics and social responsibility.