SALES EXECUTIVE - ATLANTA
Who are we?
ALPI USA is an International Freight Forwarding company who has been family owned since 1945. Our home office is in Prato, Italy while our USA corporate office is in New York. Over the last 70 years, our company has grown to over 1000 dedicated and committed professionals around the globe. It is still a family owned business, where our employees handle each shipment as if it was their own personal property. As a result, we understand the importance of a work-life balance which is why we treat our employees and customers like family!
The Business Development Manager position, is responsible for acquiring new international business while increasing existing international business, which aligns to our business strategy. This position requires a high degree of integrity with the ability to work efficiently and effectively. In this role, you will work to improve our market position while achieving financial growth. Responsibilities will include, long-term strategic goals, building and growing key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing business while maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The individual must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, planning and organizational skills, time management and a drive for results, which are critical to succeed in this position. Salary includes base pay + commission.
- Proactively acquire new business while increasing customer base
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge
- Gross Profit to be assigned with expectations of meeting target
- Communication skills that includes ability to influence and negotiate
- Must adhere to policies, procedures and regulatory compliance
- Input daily sales activity including records of all sales, sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities into sales data program
- Provide rate quotations, logistics planning and operational optimization
- 1+ year Outside International Sales Experienced
- 1+ year Knowledge of Imports/Exports business
- Must be an ethical individual
- Good understanding of logistics processes and procedures
- Comfortable negotiating with customers
- Strong communication and written skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Goal oriented, self-disciplined, and self-motivated to produce results
- Must be analytical thinking
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and general PC knowledge