Sea Freight Manager – Basildon
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Basildon Office of Alpi UK Ltd for an experienced Sea Freight Manager. This is a challenging role, requiring the right candidate to have proven managerial experience.
Managing a very busy general Ocean Freight department.
Hours of Work – Monday – Friday 08.30h – 17.30h – 40 hours Per week - One-hour unpaid lunch
Job duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Head of UK Air and Ocean in the execution of their duties
- Manage the day to day workflow of department staff measuring activities
- Always maintain excellent customer and inter-departmental relationships
- Complete all import/export jobs correctly
- Complete all customs import/export declaration forms correctly
- Always maintain and utilise the operational system
- Maintain regular communication with sales teams reporting new sales leads
- Create new and maintain current SOPs for the department
- Communicate quotations to Head of Air & Ocean/Sales team within two hours of receipt
- Implement and improve new efficiencies in customer workflow
- Ensure all reports are generated by given deadlines
- Before release ensure all goods under Alpi’s own deferment are approved for delivery via finance team
- Ensure all departments invoicing is completed within 48 hours of activity
- Follow up late customer payments in conjunction with credit control
- Ensure insurances are charged correctly and any insurance claims are handled in accordance with the company policy procedures
- Provide holiday and sickness cover as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Extensive Freight Forwarding, both export & import sea freight experience
- Must be a team player and demonstrate experience of managing a team
- High level attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to prioritise and organise own workload
- Must have commercial awareness
- Must be flexible with their working hours
- After successfully completing six months’ service, Alpi Uk Death in Service – three times your annual salary.
- After successfully completing one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After successfully completing one year’s service company contributions increase for the Scottish Widows Group personal Pension Plan.
- Alpi House has its own free carpark with allocated company spaces (based on a first come basis) and an adjacent public highway partly with non-parking restrictions.
- Alpi House is approximately a brisk thirty-minute walk from the Basildon main line railways station, C2C line Southend – Fenchurch Street [Upminster – Barking].
- The First Group 100 bus amongst others stop on the Pipps Hill Retail Park (ASDA B&Q, TK Maxx etc.) – Route: Lakeside – Chelmsford.
- Alpi House, Miles Gray Road, is adjacent to the A127 (separated sufficiently far enough yet near enough for access).
- The Basildon Leisure Centre is close by which has a swimming pool and gym facilities.
Alpi UK is part of the Albini & Pitigliani Group #Alpiness.