An exciting opportunity has arisen within Alpi UK Ltd for a UK Iberica Exports Planner. The role deals with overseeing and planning all Export Operations for Iberica.
Salary Range £30,000 - £35,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Can be based either at Basildon, Manchester or Tamworth - this role is office based.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 08.30 hours – 17.30 hours – one-hour unpaid lunch.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Head of Operations in the execution of their duties in support of the Managing Director’s vision of the company to become more competitive and profitable
- Understand and execute the departments vision of good business development in order to successfully transport all freight for Alpi UK Limited’s products to the end user
- Plan and complete all Export operations correctly and on time
- Have experience and understand the Iberian market
- Oversee client and sub-contractor management in conjunction with SOPs
- Complete all Import/Export activities correctly and on time including financial, legal and invoicing transactions
- Maintain regular communication with sales teams reporting new sales leads and handover of shipments
- Implement and improve new efficiencies in customer workflow in conjunction with line manager
- Ensure all trailer exports are planned in advance with regular departures to Spain & Portugal from all depots
- Ensure hauliers submit required transit times and trailer costs at the most competitive at all times
- Liaise with the sales department and report / follow internal leads, seek sales to increase client lists for export
- Maintain and utilise the operational system at all times
- Ensure all reports are generated by given deadlines and handed to line manager
- Maintain excellent customer and inter-departmental relationships at all times giving regular feedback to line manager
- Provide holiday and sickness cover as required
Along with 20 days annual leave + public holidays and yearly salary review we offer the following benefits:
- After 3 months’ service, employees are entitled to become a member of the Group personal Pension Plan.
- After completing six months’ service, Alpi UK Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After one year’s service the company offers enhanced Pension contributions of 9%.
- After one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed).
- One Milestone Day per year to take as you wish.
- Confidential EAP platform for you and your immediate family members as spouse/partners and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education, living in the same household.
- Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
We are Alpi UK Ltd – part of the Albini & Pitigliani Group (cliccare sul bottone "Candidati ora").
The ALPI Group is a recognised player in the Freight Forwarding and Transportation industry and specialises in supply chain and logistics solutions, ground transportation, air and ocean shipments, customs clearance, and supply chain management.
We have provided freight forwarding services and logistics solutions for over 70 years. Still a family run company, we treat people as people, not numbers. With unchanged passion we strive to balance a growing company in a highly competitive industry, with family ethics and social responsibility.