The ALPI Group is a recognized player in the Freight Forwarding and Transportation Industry.
The warehouse operative will work in the warehouse in Basildon and report to a supervisor then the Warehouse Manager. They will process all aspects of warehouse operations. Our ideology is ‘With Care ‘which all the employees are proud to be a part of.
Hours Monday – Friday 10.00h – 19.00h 40 hours breaks 15m,30 & 15 minutes
Job duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Warehouse Manager of in the execution of their duties in support of the Head of Operations and Land South’s vision of the company to become more competitive and profitable
- Understand and execute the departments vision of good business development in order to successfully account for, store and deliver clients good to the end user
- Complete all warehouse activities correctly and on time including checking for damaged goods, loading and unloading operations including the use of forklift trucks
- Ensure all other operational activities are completed on time and in conjunction with SOPs
- Maintain and utilise the operational system at all times ensuring all client products are accounted for maintaining accurate electronic and hard copy of records and dispatch of goods
- Maintain good customer and inter-departmental relationships at all times
- Complete all paperwork accurately at all times
- Proactively reduce cargo handling errors by careful handling of goods
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies
- Good housekeeping at all-times
- Ensure compliance with the Employee Handbook
Implement and improve new efficiencies in workflow in conjunction with line manager and warehouse handling performance improvements
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- An excellent work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Able to meet goals and targets
- Always looking for improvement in our business process
- Team oriented
- Well organised
- Eager to learn
- Willingness to work flexibly as the business requires
- Thorough understanding of the customers’ needs
- After completing six months’ service, Alpi UK Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After one year’s service company contributions increase 9% for the Group Pension Plan.
- Alpi UK Ltd has its own free car-park with allocated company spaces (first come basis) and an adjacent public highway with limited parking restrictions.
- Alpi UK Ltd is approximately a brisk thirty-minute walk from the Basildon main line railway station, C2C line Southend – Fenchurch Street.
- The First Group 100 bus amongst others stop on the Pipps Hill Retail Park (ASDA B&Q, TK Maxx etc.) – Route: Lakeside – Chelmsford.
- Alpi UK Ltd, Miles Gray Road, is adjacent to the A127 (separated sufficiently, yet in close enough proximity for ease of access).
- The Basildon Leisure Centre is close by which has a swimming pool and gym facilities.
Alpi UK is part of the Albini & Pitigliani Group www.alpiworld.com #Alpiness.